Tuesday 22 November 2011

Starting out

The truth is that rabbit are an environmentally friendly and sustainable source of meat and fur.  Some people don't like the idea because they are cute and fluffy and they are, they so are.  It doesn't get away from the fact though that pound for pound they convert food into meat better and faster than cows or any other conventional meat producing animal.  Their manure is also good for the garden raw.  By raw I mean it doesn't need to be composted first. Compared to a cow they require less space and they produce more.  There you have it

I used to be of the view point that fur was BAD. However I have started breeding rabbits as a cheap source of meat. I'm not sure at the moment how cheap it is as I've spent quite a bit so far but hopefully they are set up expenses and not ongoing!  I know where my rabbits come from, I know they are not battery farmed, I know they are looked after properly.  I can also enjoy their cuteness up until their time.  It would obviously be a waste to throw away all that lovely fur...

No comments:

Post a Comment